Register as an Ecclesiastical Minister

The process of registering as an ecclesiastical minister falls under the auspices of the Ministry of Home Affairs where they are endorsed and gazetted. Provided here below is the form to register as an ecclesiastical minister.

Registration Process

  1. Collect an application form from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
  2. Complete the form and forward it to the Civil Affairs Division for verification.
  3. The responsible officer from the Civil Affairs Division will then liaise with the Attorney General’s Office to draft the legal instrument.
  4. Upon receipt of the legal instruments and the cover memo from the AG Chamber’s office, it will then be forward to the Minister for endorsement.
  5. After the endorsement from the Minister, the signed legal instruments will be forwarded for gazetting.
  6. The gazetted copy will be received from the responsible authority and church authorities will be informed of the church minister’s appointment.

Checklist of required documents

  1. Application form to be completed by the applicant.
  2. Concerned church authorities or head offices must endorse all forms submitted.
  3. The Ministry of Home Affairs will not facilitate any submission received without any endorsement from church authorities.


Click Here to download the Application to be Registered as a Minister for Celebrating Marriages in the Solomon Islands Form.

Translate »