About the Solomon Islands National Statistics Office
The Solomon Islands National Statistics Office (SINSO) is a Government department / division within the Ministry of Finance and Treasury. The SINSO is mandated to compile and disseminate official statistics of the Solomon Islands guided under the Statistics Act 1970 (Amendments 2007) and the Census Act 1959.
The SINSO serves as the leading source of quality data on the population and economy. The Government Statistician (GS) and his Statistics Management team lead the SINSO.
The office is made up of four sections which include:
- Economic Statistics Unit
- Social and Demography Statistics Unit
- Census and Survey Statistics Unit
- Executive Management and Support Services Unit
- Design standardized statistical instruments for producing the Solomon Islands’ statistics: harmonized classifications, organizational methods and structures, and technical standards.
- Harmonise statistical information: drawing up set common concepts, languages and tools for producing statistics.
- Produce the Solomon Islands’ statistics: consolidate the statistics of the Provinces and ensuring that they are comparable.
- Supply statistical information: identify, analyze and interpret the Solomon Islands’ statistical data.
- Disseminate statistical information
- Coordinate the Solomon Islands’ Statistical System
- Advise statistical systems: help to improve the national statistical systems and promote good practice within the Solomon Islands’ Statistical System.
- Promote research and development: encourage research into techniques and tools for collecting, processing and analyzing data.
Documents & Links
National Census Office Newsletters
National Statistics Office Newsletters
- Solomon Islands Poverty Maps based on 2012 13 HIES and 2009 Population Housing Census
- SI Poverty Map Brochure
- National Statistics Office Pamphlet 2018
- National Statistics Development Strategy NSDS 2015-2035 Brochure
- National Parliament
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry, Labour and Immigration
- Ministry of Finance and Treasury
- Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development
Here you will find the direct contact details for the Government Statistician. Please feel free to get in touch should you have any queries you wish to discuss.
|Government Statistician||(+677) 23951 or (+677) 28881|
If you’re in the Solomon Islands and wish to visit us, our office location is provided below for your convenience. We look forward to welcoming you.
Social Media Links