About the Culture Division
The core function of the Division is to develop and preserve the culture of the Solomon Islands. This ensures social cohesion and nation building through the development of relevant policies and implementation strategies.
The Culture Division is also involved in legislation and policy formulation, strengthening of Traditional Governance systems, organising cultural festivals, and the development of cultural infrastructures.
- Liaising with relevant government Ministries and provincial Government in the implementation of cultural policies.
- Liaising with rural communities and the private sector in implementing arts and cultural development programs.
- Supporting arts and cultural organisations or institutions in the promotion of national arts and cultural heritage.
- Providing support to the tourism industry through arts and cultural activities and promotions.
- Carrying out cultural and arts consultations, school awareness and promotions.
- Providing capacity building training to artists and associations registered under the office.
- Providing minimal financial assistance to communities and associations engaged in cultural activities and programs.
- Providing avenue and consultations for the protection and preservation of traditional taboos and sites under the Intangible Cultural Heritage program (ICH).
- Assisting in the documentation of cultural activities and programs organised under the office or by respective communities.
Documents and Links
Here you will find the direct contact details for relevant staff at the Culture Division. Please feel free to get in touch should you have any queries you wish to discuss.
Main Office: +677 27314
If you’re in the Solomon Islands and wish to visit us, our office location is provided below for your convenience. We look forward to welcoming you.
National Museum , Point Cruz,
Honiara, Solomon Islands.
P.O. Box G20, Honiara,