About the Solomon Islands Office of The Auditor General
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an independent institution established under Section 108 of the Constitution of the Solomon Islands, and is the Supreme Audit Institution (SAI) for the country.
The OAG has five divisions that support the Auditor-General in carrying out his duties as mandated by Section 108 (3) of the Constitution and Section 35 of the Public Finance and Audit Act (Cap 120).
The divisions include:
- Conduct annual audits on all levels of Government in the Solomon Islands and produce audit reports on those audits. These audit reports can cover:
- Annual Financial Statements Audits
- Performance Audit reports on programmes, projects or offices
- Special and Investigation Audits
- Compliance Audits
All audit reports of the Auditor-General are submitted to the Speaker of the National Parliament of the Solomon Islands for tabling. The audit reports relating to Provincial Governments and the Honiara City Council are submitted to the assemblies or the council for tabling while the audit reports for statutory and state owned enterprises are submitted to their respective boards.
- Provision of support to the Public Accounts Committee of the National Parliament as per Standing Order 69 (2).
The OAG conducts annual audits of public finances of the Solomon Islands and reports to the Parliament. It does not deal directly with the general public.
Documents and Links
- Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- National Parliament
- Ministry of Finance and Treasury
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry, Labour and Immigration
- Inland Revenue Division
State Owned Enterprises
- Solomon Islands Water Authority
- Solomon Islands Electricity Authority
- Solomon Airlines
- Central Bank of Solomon Islands
- Solomon Islands National Provident Fund
- Solomon Islands National University
- Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation
- Solomon Islands Ports Authority
- Solomon Islands Visitors Bureau
- Telecommunication Commission of Solomon Islands
- Pacific Association of Supreme Audit Institutions (PASAI)
- International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI)
- International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAI)
- INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI)
- Institute of Solomon Islands Accountants (ISIA)
- Pacific Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives (PARBICA)
- Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- World Bank
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Here you will find the direct contact details for relevant staff at the Office of the Auditor General. Please feel free to get in touch should you have any queries you wish to discuss.
|Deputy Auditor-General||(+677) 28886|
|Audit Managers||(+677) 28886|
|Manager Corporate Services||(+677) 28886|
If you’re in the Solomon Islands and wish to visit us, our office location is provided below for your convenience. We look forward to welcoming you.