Obtain a Cinematography License
The process of obtaining a cinematography license falls under the auspices of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Provided here below is the process to apply for a cinematography license.
When applying for a film permit, the following procedures are to be followed:
- An application form is to be collected from the Ministry of Home Affairs and completed by the applicant. Upon completing the form, it must be submitted back to the secretariat to the Censorship Board together with the required documents and the prescribed fee.
- After the Secretariat processes the application and is satisfied that all necessary documents are produced, then the application will be registered and forwarded to the Censorship Board for deliberation.
- After the Censorship Board makes its decision on the application, the applicant is informed of the decision whether his or her application for a film permit is approved, deferred or rejected.
- If the application is approved, then the Censorship Board will issue an approval letter to the applicant.
- If the application is differed or rejected, then the board will issue a letter to the applicant explaining the reasons why they differed or refused the application.
Checklist of required documents
- Applicant must have a valid cinematography license
- Applicant must pay the prescribed fee
- A letter of request with preferred cinema show dates and timing