Renew a Fixed Term Estate (FTE)

The process of renewing a fixed term estate falls under the auspices of the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Survey.

An individual must first submit an application letter signed by the registered owner(s) and quote the parcel number. Individuals should ensure that they clear their land rent and HTC or provincial property rates. If necessary, they can visit the Ministry’s customer services to do so.

The next step is to engage a:

  • privately licensed surveyor to provide a boundary identification survey report
  • privately licensed valuer to assist for current land value
  • private physical planner to assist for any current development on site

After collecting all the above documentation, individuals can submit them to the customer service unit for inspection. It is then forwarded to the responsible officers before being sent to the Land Board for approval.

Translate »