Obtain a Research Permit

The Ministry of Education issues research permits that include the areas of Anthropology and Archaeology.

Overseas students who are requesting a research permit will require a support letter from the National Museum Director or Deputy Director as a support reference for their research.

Anthropologists or archaeologists wishing to undertake research in the Solomon Islands need to also obtain a support letter from the SI National Museum in order to be issued with a permit.

As a prerequisite to qualify for any research to be carried out in the country, anthropologists or archaeologists must undergo a local museum collaboration research program. This will also provide training opportunities for the local museum staff.

Acquiring a support letter from the SI National Museum can be done through email or visit their office for discussion.

Translate »