How to Start a Tourism Operation (Accommodation)
Individuals wanting to start a tourism operation must follow the process below:
- A tourism business development plan should be submitted to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- The proposed operation will undergo an assessment for Minimum Standard (MS) by the MS team at the Ministry.
- The MS team will then assign an accommodation category to the potential operator e.g. Hotel, Motel, Eco-lodge, Budget, etc.
- The MS team forwards the recommended accommodation category to the Senior Licensing Officer at Tourism Solomons where the respective license will be issued to the operator.
- This license is renewed annually and is a prerequisite to a Honiara City Council business license.