Health Advisory 14 July, 2022:
All incoming international passengers to Solomon Islands
To all incoming international passengers to Solomon Islands, please be advised that upon arrival you will not undergo mandatory institutional quarantine however highly recommended that you observe several COVID-19 measures set in place by health as part of its current efforts to monitor COVID-19 situation post reopening of the borders.
Why are we requesting you to adhere to COVID 19 safe measures and getting tested?
At present two variants of COVID virus are circulating in Solomon Islands: Delta and Omicron. There are other sub-variants of COVID virus circulating in the world. If we import new strains of COVID virus in Solomon Islands, a new wave of infection could begin in Solomon Islands. So it is important for us to still practice COVID-19 safe measures to protect our family, communities and the Solomon Islands.
All incoming passengers are kindly requested to adhere to the following recommended health guidelines or COVID 19 Protocol.
- All incoming international passengers or travellers to Solomon Islands must provide one (1) COVID-19 PCR negative test taken within 72 hours, before travelling into the country.
- All incoming international passengers 18 years and above must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least four weeks prior to arrival. Proof of vaccination alongside a negative PCR test result must be emailed to The Ministry of Health at NHEOC_REPAT@moh.gov.sb.
- While it is not mandatory for persons under 18 years to be vaccinated, and booster doses are not mandated, it is highly recommended.
- You MUST take COVID-19 PCR test at day 3 after arrival in the country. If a PCR test is not available in the provinces you plan to go, a rapid antigen test should be done at the nearest provincial health clinic.
- For persons in Honiara, testing is available at Mataniko Dental compound and Rove Health Clinic from 8:30AM and 4:30pm, on both weekdays and weekends. You will be informed of your result.
- It is strongly advised to postpone traveling to the provinces for at least 3 days after arrival in Honiara or if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
- All incoming passengers are encouraged to practice COVID-19 safety practices, when at homes, public places, in public transport and at the workplaces. This includes:
- Wearing facemask
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres apart in public spaces and places
- Hand hygiene – frequent hand washing with soap or hand sanitizer.
- Do not participate nor attend events of mass gatherings.
- If your result is positive, the following applies:
- You will be required to self-isolate at home for at least seven (7) days. Your contacts will also need to be tested to stop infection from further spreading in your household.
- If any of your family members develop COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days after your arrival in Solomon Islands, they should get tested for COVID-19.
- Should symptoms worsen please go to the nearest health clinic or the National Referral Hospital.
For any issues pertaining to clearance prior to boarding for Solomon Islands please contact MHMS on NHEOC_REPAT@moh.gov.sb. Or phone 23650
Thank you very much and enjoy staying in Solomon Islands.
Download Health Advisory in PDF
Health Advisory (319KB)