THE National COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Implementation Plan will be presented to Caucus and Cabinet next week for consideration.
Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare highlighted this when he delivered his nation-wide address today.
The Prime Minister said the Oversight Committee together with the COVAX Coordinating Committee and the Technical Working Group on Vaccines would be doing the presentation.
“Despite missing out on the Pfizer Vaccines for 0.25% of our population, I am pleased to inform you all that the COVAX Facility has confirmed the allocation of an indicative number of 108,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Solomon Islands,” he said.
The Prime Minister said we hope to receive 40% of the doses during the 1st quarter of 2021, and the remaining 60% during the second quarter of 2021.
“I am pleased to inform you all that preparations are well underway for the roll-out of the AstraZeneca vaccine in Solomon Islands,” he said.
Prime Minister Sogavare said the Ministry of Health has already activated technical teams comprising of our very own health experts, supported by our partners to coordinate and contribute to different aspects of the COVID-19 vaccination planning and delivery process.
The Prime Minister said the government is also liaising with partners to secure additional doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
Media Release from Government Communication Unit