RSIPF officers promoted to senior ranks
Nine officers of the Royal Solomon Islands Police Force (RSIPF) have been promoted to different senior positions within the Force during a brief ceremony at the Rove Police Headquarters in Honiara today (18 December 2020).
Speaking at the ceremony, Commissioner Mostyn Mangau told the officers, “Your promotions are challenging as you take on the new leadership positions to drive the RSIPF.”
“Your promotions are significant for RSIPF and the people of Solomon Islands. The future of RSIPF is vested on your shoulders. I as your Commissioner will work closely with you in your new senior positions. We are so fortunate to have the Solomon Police Development Program (SIPDP) and the Solomon Island Police Support Program (SIPSP) to support us.”
“Leadership comes with responsibilities, responsibilities come with challenges but as a team we can archive our goals. The RSIPF Strategic Directions and core values set a clear direction for us. Even our national motto is very clear: ‘To lead is to serve’,” says Commissioner Mangau.
The newly promoted officers are:
- Mr Ian Vaevaso, Acting Deputy Commissioner National Security and Operation to be Deputy Commissioner Police National Security and Operations;
- Madam Patricia Leta, Acting Assistant Commissioner (AC) Crime and Intelligence to be Assistant Commissioner (AC) Crime and Intelligence;
- Superintendent Rodney Kuma from RSIPF Logistics promoted to the rank of Chief Superintendent as Director RSIPF Logistics;
- Inspector John Matamaru from Honiara City promoted to the rank of Superintendent as Director National Crime Prevention Department (NCPD) ;
- Inspector Stephen Dekyi from RSIPF Fire & Rescue promoted to the rank of Superintendent as Director Fire and Rescue;
- Inspector Ileen Ukebule promoted to the rank of Superintendent as Provincial Police Commander (PPC) Temotu Province;
- Inspector Henry Adi promoted to the rank of Superintendent as PPC Rennell and Bellona Province;
- Sergeant Amos Mebunir promoted to the rank of Inspector as Officer Commanding Training; and
- Staff Sergeant George Mauli promoted to the rank of Inspector as Operation Manager Central Province.
The new promotions, approved by the Police and Prison Services Commission, will take effect immediately.
The newly promoted officers with the RSIPF executive
Superintendent Ukebule receives her letter of appointment
Inspector Mebunir receives his letter of appointment
Deputy Commissioner Vaevaso receives his appointment letter
Commissioner Mangau addresses the newly promoted officers
Media Release from the RSIPF Media Unit