Short-Term Project Administrator/Manager
The Parties to PACER Plus will appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to work as a short-term project administrator/manager for the interim virtual Implementation Unit, reporting to the DFAT on behalf of the PACER Plus Interim Arrangements Working Group. The project administrator/manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and using meeting processes and related templates (agenda, outcome statements, meeting papers) to support the first Joint Committee and subcommittee meetings
- Providing secretariat and logistical support to the inaugural Joint Committee, Budget Sub-Committee, Pacific Labour Mobility meetings and Interim Arrangements Working Group
- Collaborate with other team members (currently planned to be two specialist trade advisers) and contribute to preparatory planning and actions prioritised for establishment of the IU
- Contributing to the development and use of streamlined processes to fast-track early priority DEC activities for approval
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with PACER Plus Parties, and other relevant stakeholders, e.g. government, business and business groups, civil society, regional and multilateral organisations
- As required and under the direction of the person nominated by the Signatories, contributing to the development of policies, systems and processes to implement PACER Plus.
Please note that Applications and any enquiries must be submitted via email to Haidee.Barrenger@dfat.gov.au by 11:59 Australian Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday 2 December. Applications must include an up-to-date CV and cover letter addressing the four selection criteria.
It is also important to note that If the successful candidate is from a Pacific Island signatory country ministry, the candidate will be virtually seconded to the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (but will continue to be employed and remunerated ONLY by their home country ministry).
If the successful candidate is not currently employed with a ministry, the candidate will be engaged by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade on a short-term contract (paid for by DFAT).
DFAT (Australia) and MFAT (New Zealand) will conduct the selection process, on behalf of the PACER Plus Signatories , during the week of 7 December.
The Working Group will confer with the wider signatory group before an offer of employment is made.
|Job Category||Project Manager|