Ministry of National Planning & Development Coordination
Social Development & Governance Division
P.O Box G30, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Short Term National Consultant Engagement
The Ministry of National Planning and Development Coordination is seeking to engage a qualified and experienced local Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning [MEL] consultant to support the European Union funded ‘’Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Development Planning and Aid Coordination’’
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) capacity and competence for enhanced services delivery to the country’s rural and urban population. Its purpose is to increase MNPDC capacity to effectively plan, coordinate, monitor and evaluate development outcomes. The specific objective of this assignment is to effectively provide operational Support for the development of a National MEL Framework (within the Programme Quality Division of MNPDC), and build staff capacity in this field, specifically for Mentoring the newly appointed Director of the Programme Quality Division..
Qualifications & Experience
- A Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations/Public Affairs,
- Fluency in written and spoken English with good reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Components including Word PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong demonstrated reporting skills
- Aptitude for teamwork and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated diplomatic and negotiating skills;
- Demonstrate familiarity with application of international best practice and methodology,
- Experience working with participatory community development and consultative methods;
- Ability to relay technical and scientific information to policy makers and the general public.
General Professional Experience
Experience in international technical assistance missions, particularly in the Pacific Region
Ability to prioritise, and work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
Experience working with cross-cultural teams.
Knowledge and understanding of development issues, communications and positioning of these challenges in the context of international organisations
The expert must be independent and free from conflicts of interest.
All applications must be submitted to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of National Planning & Aid Coordination
P.O.Box G30, Honiara
Attention: Mr. David Lowther – Team Leader – EU Project
The full Terms of Reference are available from;- firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday 12th November, 2021