Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources
P O BOX G2,
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Request for Expression of Interest
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following vacant positions in the Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources. Men and women from all provinces are encouraged to apply.
Consultancy on Reviewing Social Mapping Process
The Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources through Bina Region Arrangement for Governance (BRGA) is seeking an experienced consultant to review its social mapping process. The social mapping process is used to identify understand and map the needs of the Bina Region communities. The consultant will review the current process to ensure that it is effective, efficient, and inclusive.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review the current social mapping process used
- Identify any gaps or weaknesses in the process
- Make recommendations for improvement
- Facilitate a workshop with stakeholders to discuss the recommendations
- Prepare a final report of the review
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in social work, community development, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in community engagement, social mapping or a related field
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Schedule
The consultancy is expected to last for 30 days in a period of 12 months. The consultant will be required to work on-site from time to time as well as remotely for the remaining period.
Those currently involved in the ongoing Bina Harbour work
The consultant’s fee is subjected to negotiation.
Please submit your expression of interest in a written form to the address below in person, by mail, or by email to the BRAG office no later than Friday 29th September by 2.30pm.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the position will be made available on request to BRAG unit at the contact details provided below.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources
P.O. Box G2, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Attention: BRAG Unit
Email Address: Amisibini@fisheries.gov.sb